Chocolate brownie recipe
This post will teach you how to make the best chocolate fudgy brownies every time! Super quick and easy to make, all the ingredients to make these brownies are in your fridge and pantry! These brownies have a fudgy inside whilst maintaining the crackled top effect. Once you make these using this recipe i don’t think you will ever buy another baked brownie from your local store or bakery again ! Not trying to exaggerate but it is just that good !
What sets these chocolate brownies apart from others ?
Well first of all this chocolate fudgy brownie recipe has been in use for over 30 years now. How you ask ? Well the thing is this recipe isn’t actually mine. I might of stole it from my grandmother but that being said at least before posting this recipe i knew it wouldn’t be an issue as it has been tested time and time again so i was very confident it would be a success !
Like Damn do you see how fudgy these look !
Tips that will perfect this brownie recipe !
- When you melt your butter in a microwave or on the stove make sure not to heat it up too much as it could cook the ingredients in your bowl when you add it into the mixture
- Use parchment paper instead of oil or butter to grease your baking tray as i have done this many times and it keeps sicking to the baking tray ?
- THE MORE YOU BAKE YOUR BATTER THE LESS FUDGY IT WILL BECOME and that is not what we are trying to achieve.
If you are wanting a go to place for baking tips i suggest you go here!
How to know when your gooey chocolate brownies are done ?
This is the tricky part, It is the make or break of this recipe so it is imperative we bake these fudgy brownies for the correct amount of time. But don’t worry here is a step by step guide to guarantee a perfect moist brownie recipe every time !
- Put a timer on for 30 minutes.
- Once the scent of chocolate starts to overwhelm the kitchen check your brownies. Even if this is at the 25 minute mark.
- Use a toothpick or kebab stick, poke it into the center of the batter, and pull it out. If the brownies need more time then the tooth pic or kebab stick will have wet chocolate batter on it.
- Moist crumbs on the toothpick equals perfect chocolate brownies.
Here’s what makes these brownies fudgy
The high amount of fat (in the form of butter and chocolate) with the combination of less flour than other gooey brownie recipes allows the brownies to keep its fudgy appearance and taste. The way in which you combine the ingredients also highly effects the outcome of your chocolate chip brownies!
The best way to combine you ingredients are to:
- First melt your butter.
- Add in your sugar, vanilla and eggs and mix it up well.
- Then add in the rest of your ingredients.
If you have done these 3 steps correctly then you should be on your way to a successful hot fudge brownie recipe !
Lets get Baking !
The Best Chocolate Fudgy Brownies
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
- 4 eggs
- ⅔ cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F
- In a large mixing bowl add in the melted butter, sugar, vanilla essence and eggs. Mix well
- Add in the cocoa powder, all purpose flour, baking powder and salt into the mixture. Mix well.
- Add baking/parchment paper to your baking tray.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes at 180°C/350°F.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes.
If you are interested in making Strawberry Cheesecake i highly recommend you check out this recipe made by Preppy Kitchen. I tried out there recipe once and now i am hooked!