I have been meaning to publish this sweet potato brownie recipe for so long now. With this Lockdown i have definitely become more of a procrastinator and time waster as it is so easy lose track of time. Luckily i finally found the willpower to write this recipe so i hope you enjoy it !
I have always been a brownie fanatic through out my baking life and have probably made over 50 different types of brownies from the classic chocolate to an exotic coffee brownie, crazy right who knew you could make coffee flavored brownies? But after testing all 50 or so recipes the one that toped them all was the sweet potato Fudgy brownies !
The combination of both the ordinary all purpose flour and sweet potato puree just creates this unbeatable Fudgy gooeyness!
I mean look at these moist brownies !
So lets talk a little bit about these fudgy sweet potato brownies !
These sweet potato brownies are soft, chocolatey, and oh-so-fudgy and plus their vegan !
They taste so good, once you give them a taste they simply start to disappear and you quickly loose tray on the amount of brownies you single handedly have devoured.
But don’t worry these are pretty much guilt free as they are much more of a healthier option to your traditional brownies !
Baking Tips !
- Make sure to keep a close eye on the brownies whilst they bake as you do not want to overcook these. If they are overcooked they might become more of a cakey texture instead of the ideal fudgy, gooey texture.
- Make sure to use baking / parchment paper instead of greasing or applying non stick spray to your baking tray. I recommend this way of baking as i get the best results using the baking / parchment paper.
- Stir and mix the ingredients until all lumps and bumps are gone. If there are lumps and bumps left in the batter you might just bit into a dry floury patch in the brownie.
- If you by mistake take out your vegan brownies early and they are still on the wet side just pop them back into the oven for a further 5 minutes then take them out and allow to cool. When you allow them to cool the batter becomes more solid and easier to handle and cut.
So now that i have explained how good this sweet potato brownie recipe is Lets get baking !
Fudgy Sweet Potato Brownies
- 1 large mixing bowl
- 1 whisk
- Medium sized baking tray
- Baking paper
- 3/4 cup Sweet potato puree
- 1 cup Almond butter
- 1 tsp Vanilla essence
- 1/4 cup +2 tbsp All purpose flour
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup +2 tbsp Cocoa powder
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- 1/8 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 180°C /350°F
- In a large bowl add in the sweet potato, almond butter and vanilla essence. Mix well.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix it all up.
- In a medium sized baking tray, line it with baking/parchment paper.
- Transfer your batter into the baking tray.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes at 180°C.
- Allow your brownies to cool for 10 minutes, then cut them into the sizes you desire.
- Enjoy your fudgy sweet potato brownies !
If you’re interested in vegan keto brownies Sweet As Honey has made a stunning recipe. They are perfect for all the low carb vegan out there !